Bionaire BAP9700-CN HEPA Air Purifier Review. This appliance model comes with side to side air flow provides space saving design and ergonomic design with incorporated handles for easy portability. It is recommended for medium size rooms and up to 190 sq ft, with smoke CADR 125. THE real total Air HEPA filtration that provides 99% particle filtration and 30% improved filtration of airborne pollutants from air passing through the filter. The filter enhanced with carbon and Arm & Hammer® to help reduce common household odors. Same on other Bionaire products, it is available with digital display with auto off timer and 4-speed settings to adjust to varying needs. And also optional ionizer to assist in particle removal and filter service indicator eliminates guesswork on when filter cleaning is needed. Find more about detail features, cleaning and maintenance, also troubleshooting tips.
Bionaire BAP9700-CN Main Features
- Ionizer – This appliance has an optional ionizer feature which, when turned on, releases negative ions into outgoing filtered air to help the air purification process. Negative ions help air purification by attaching
themselves to very small airborne particles in the room. These particles take on a negative charge and may join with positively charged particles such as dust, pollen, smoke, and pet dander to form larger particles. These larger particles are then more easily captured by the filter system.
- HEPA-Type Permanent Filter – The permanent filter allows easy maintenance and eliminates the hassle of filter replacement. HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are designed to remove up to 99% of airborne pollutants, at 2 microns or larger, from the air that passes through them. These include tobacco smoke, household dust, pet dander and pollen.
- 4-speed Setting – For optimum air filtration, operate this Bionaire® air cleaner continuously on the highest setting. Its rugged motor has been designed to give many years of use. For quieter operation such as in a bedroom, select the lowest setting.
- Timer – The timer allows you to run the air cleaner at your convenience, for up to 9 hours, and automatically turns the power off when time is up, to help reduce energy costs.
- Filter Service Indicator – It eliminates guesswork by letting you know when it is time to clean the filters.
How to Care/Maintenance Bionaire BAP9700-CN
It features a Permanent HEPA-Type filter that removes up to 99% of airborne dust and pollen as small as 2 microns and helps reduce dust, mold spores and pet dander from the air passing through the filter. Also ionizer may produce an occasional popping or cracking sound. This is normal and occurs when a small buildup of ions is discharged. After extended use, you may notice dust around the grills or front panel. This is caused by negative ions exiting the air outlet, evidence of the ionizer’s air cleaning effectiveness. You can remove the dust with a soft brush or clean, damp cloth. Every few weeks, check the condition of the filter, and after approximately 4 months of operation, the Filter
Service Indicator will appear on the LCD Display to alert you to clean the filter before further use. The Permanent filter is designed to never need replacement. However, it recommends regular cleaning for optimal performance. Here is the steps to clean and filter maintenance on this air purifier product.
- Turn off and unplug the air cleaner, and remove the air inlet grill.
- Remove and examine the foam pre-filter. If it has collected dust or lint, remove and wash it in warm soapy water. Rinse and drip dry thoroughly before placing it back into the grill inlet.
- Check the condition of the filters and remove if dirty.
- Clean the filter using the vacuum cleaner, run the brush attachment along both sides of the filter and
clean between the pleated layers. Do not use water, household cleaners or detergents to clean the filter.
- Before re-installing the filter after cleaning, a hang tab and filter clips ensure the filter attaches properly.
- Make sure the hang tab is securely in place. Align the clip on the top of the filter with the rails on the inside of the unit. Gently slide the filter onto the rail.
- Place washable foam pre-filter and air inlet grill back
onto unit securely.
- Reset the Filter Service Indicator by pressing the power button for 3 seconds.
Bionaire BAP9700-CN Troubleshooting and Tips
|Unit will not operate||Make sure the unit is plugged in and outlet is energized.
Make sure unit turned ON.
|Excessive noise||Remove plastic bags from filters.
Make sure parts are firmly positioned in place.
|Decreased air flow||Make sure nothing is blocking air inlet and filtered air outlets.
Remove all plastic bags from filters.
Check condition of filters and clean if necessary.
|Permanent filter appears dirty after
|This is normal and does not affect performance in any way. A new filter is not necessary.|
|The filter service indicator will not reset||Check condition of the filters and clean if necessary.
Press and hold down the power button for 3 seconds. The Filter Service Indicator icon on the display screen should disappear.